When trying to connect to my Nexus 5 (5.1.1) in Android Studio (1.0.1) my device is not found. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro.
In the [SDK]/platform-tools directory I ran the command:
List of devices attached
I have tried several ways:
- Uninstalling/reinstalling Nexus driver (android_winusb.inf)
- Editing driver file with different hardware id's + Uninstalling/reinstalling
- Update driver and choose the same driver file as earlier.
- 4 Different usb ports
- Tried switching between MTP and PTP
- Restarting after all the previous steps
I have no problems with accessing files on my Nexus through my computer. The nexus also is shown as "Nexus 5" in Device manager and not some other driver.
But I am still not able to connect to the phone with Android Studio and ADB command won't list the device.
How can I get it listed?