I was trying to install the OTA upgrade on my Nexus 10 running Lollipop 5.0.1. Got the "no command" problem. I tried the steps below from this link.
I suggest you try the following:
Press and hold Power button until your device powers off (it could take 30 seconds).
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
- You should see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
- Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Power button
- You should see an android on his back, chest open with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
- While holding Power button tap Volume Up once then release Power.
- You should now see a list of items at top of screen.
- Tap Power Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition is highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate.
- Status messages will appear at ths bottom of the screen. Be patient - it can take 10-15 minutes to complete. When done restart the Nexus.
Wiping the cache partition does not impact any of your data, but it may take a while before your apps repopulate their cache values. During this time some may appear a bit slower than previously.
- I can't get past step 1, as when I do that, it keeps saying, "download in progress. do not close target ( or similar)".
- I tried the Power + Volume up + Volume down buttons, and get the menu, but don't see as below.
- I also tried Nexus Root Toolkit flash + restock, and that also shows "finished", but reboot goes back to "no command".
What to do?