This is what I see:
(Click image to enlarge)
And this is what I would like to see:
I am using Motorola Moto G 3rd generation (2015), 1 GB RAM, 8 GB storage; XT1541
I have already tried a few things:
- I'm already using the latest version of Android as of now: 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- I'm using the latest version of the Google now application: 18.104.22.168.arm
- I have tried to search for the magic phrase "okay Google everywhere"
- I have tried to uninstall and reinstalled the Google application. I think it was just a downgrade to version 4 of the app because the Google Play store told me that it is a built in application.
- restarting the Google application by force quitting the app and/or restarting the whole phone.
- switching the local from UK English to US English wherever I could find it in the phone settings.
- and maybe some other things too.
But nothing seemed to help.
What could be causing the missing option? What else could I try to make it show up?
I am also thinking about contacting support. If I do so, should I be contacting Google or Motorola?
- The version of my "Google Now Launcher" application is 22.214.171.1246998
- I have even tried factory reset with and without restoring from backup; no success.