My Moto X upgraded to Android 5.1 recently and since that happened I cannot connect to WiFi.
When I try to connect to a saved network, it will briefly show "Connecting..." underneath the WiFi SSID, then it will revert back to "Saved".
I have tried the following and gotten the same result:
- Turned off WiFi, then turned it back on.
- Rebooted my phone.
- Rebooted my router.
- "Forgot" my home WiFi network then re-connected and entered the password
- Changed WiFi frequency band on my phone
- Tried connecting to a public WiFi network at a coffee shop.
- Reading this thread: phone won't connect to wifi after upgrade to Android 5.1
Occasionally I will be "connected" to the WiFi, but I won't be able to get any data. When this happens, the WiFi symbol usually shows an exclamation mark over it. Most of the time though, I can't connect whatsoever.