- I am currently using Android Smartphone.
- I am currently having internet access for my Android Smartphone.
- I would like to provide internet access to only a single android application, for example: WhatsApp.
- I do understand that I need to provide internet access to some essential default system apps for the functioning of the phone.
- Is it possible to selectively provide internet access to few apps and not for other apps?
Try Opera Max to restrict per app data access to mobile and Wi-Fi networks. The PlayStore description says it,
- Block apps & prevent data leakage:
Control your apps’ internet usage by blocking apps from running in the background that are using mobile data or Wi-Fi without permission.Blocking apps running in the background conserves battery and minimises your battery usage.
If you want to restrict only a particular app follow the steps,
- Open Settings menu > Data Usage
- Select the app you want to restrict the data.
- And select "Restrict background data"
If you are on a Wi-Fi network and you want to restrict the app accessing data in the background using your wi-fi connection, do the above steps in the Wi-Fi Tab to restrict the app access to Wi-Fi network too.