Guys at XDA again did the magic and finally found a way to root this infamous SM-N900V running lollipop 5.0. Here's the entire process in detail:
Follow the steps below to root your device:
- Install the samsung mobile USB driver. Plug in your note 3 to a PC, a CD drive pops up for few seconds, open it, you'll find the driver for your device there.
- Now enable developer mode and USB debugging on your device.
- Download and open the ArabicToolApp.
- Inside the tool, Select the baseband version of your device, you can find this information under ( Settings > About phone > Baseband version ) of your android device. Note the last 3 characters and select the Version in the Arabic Tool accordingly.
- Click on Read Phone Info. Now, note the log messages in the Arabic Tool, you should only procced if no warnings are given there.
- No press ROOT button.
The rooting process should not take more than 6 minutes. If it does, cancel the Arabic Tool and do the following and try again.
- Make sure you've restarted your computer after installing the USB drivers.
- Use USB 2.0 cable and port.
If during the process, your device gets stuck on the bootscreen, do the following:
- Turn off your device, Press (Home + Volume Up + Power) buttons to get into the recovery mode, reset the device from the menu and also clear the cache partition. Now, try restarting your device. If the bootloop still persists, follow the next step.
- If the above step didn't fix the problem, you will have to reflash your firmware. To do this, download Odin and SM-N900v OF1 firmware from the link provided below.
- Start Odin
- Reboot phone in Download Mode by pressing (Home + Volume Down + Power) buttons.
- Connect phone and wait for the blue sign in Odin.
- Add the downloaded firmware file to AP/PDA
- Click the start button and wait for it to show the "Pass" sign. This can take upto 10 minutes.
Once your device starts running normally, make sure you follow the rooting steps given above correctly and try again.
To confirm that your device is rooted, you can press the device info button in the Arabic Tool once again to see the root status or, you could also install RootChecker app from the playstore and see it there.
Once you've confirmed that your device is rooted, install SuperSu and follow the instructions in it to install required binaries.
Guys at XDA recently also found a way to unlock the bootloader of this device. Follow the XDA thread below for more information.
Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock