I'd like to install a specific free android app, which works under different Android smartphones (minimal requirements of Android 4.0):
The freely available app is called PostCard Creator and useful to send Postcards in Switzerland where I live. It works under different physical android smartphones but not with all independent of the android version.
Installation via Google PlayStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.post.it.pcc
I've tried different free Android Emulators for a lot of hours under Windows but without success.
- Android SDK (tried with different virtual devices)
- Genymotion (tried with different virtual devices)
- www.manymo.com (App can be installed but not opened)
- BlueStacks (App can be properly installed from Play Store but not opened)
- AndY (Play Store notification "Your device is not compatible with this version", Version 4.2.2)
- Oracle VM VirtualBox Android Version 4.2.2 (app can be installed from Play Store but not opened)
- YouWave for Android: "There is a problem parsing the package." (I'm pretty sure: The apk is not corrupted.)
- Droid4X 0.8.5 Beta (Play Store notification "Your device is not compatible with this version", Version 4.2.2)
- Xamarin Android Player (CPU incompatible)
For http://www.manymo.com I've used the legal APK Downloader (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apk-downloader/cgihflhdpokeobcfimliamffejfnmfii) to download the APK file which I uploaded here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10976262/ch.post.it.pcc.apk.html
The app perfectly runs in my physical smartphone with version 4.2.2. Based on an email request, the app doesn't depend on the android version. The developer says, it does not work with all devices. I've also tested the app compatibility online. The result was good.
I would be very glad if someone succeeded to use the app PostCard creator on a Windows plattform. Does someone get it?
(Alternatively, if you also don't succeed with Android emulators, I would be very happy if you know a workable way to emulate the PostCard Creator app file from the Itunes App Store, because it works also on my Iphone for free)
adb logcat (created on the 27.10.2015)
- Download of the newest version Genymotion 2.5.4 (available since 08.09.2015 with Oracle VM VirtualBox included) here and installation on my Notebook (without physical GPS sensor) under Windows 8.1 Pro N / Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU / 64-Bit OS x64 based processor / in Switzerland with own IP
- Click "Add a first device" and select "Google Nexus 4 - 4.4.4 - API 19 - 768x1280"
Download "Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1zip" from here and drop it (in unzipped form) directly to the virtual device. Press OK when asked. Again Press OK when asked. Click
Win+Rand open path
cmd.exe. Navigate to the corresponding folder with
cd C:\Programme\Genymobile\Genymotion\tools(must be adapted to your path: If you enter dir you must see adb.exe, then you are in the correct folder.) Write:
adb reboot(until virtual device has been restarted)
To install the PlayStore: Drag&Drop the downloaded file (also unzipped) into the virtual device, click OK, wait, click OK, wait, write
adb rebootinto the console, wait. (Android is upgrading... Optimizing app XX of 22.) After the virtual device restarts, the PlayStore can be found now.
Login with personal Gmail-Account (also created in Switzerland) Update of the Google Plus Service and all automatically installed apps.
Try to install "PostCard Creator" from PlayStore (GPS is enabled, Camera is enabled, Identifiers is not enabled (impossible in the free version)) failed with the message: "Your device isn't compatible with this version." Then I tried drag&drop of the PostCard-File.apk. The symbol "PostCard Creator" is available under the APPS list. But clicking results with the notification: "Unfortunately, PostCard Creator has stopped."
adb logcatin the console
There is a long output, so I only get the last lines from cmd.exe console which I uploaded here