I just changed from DSL to Cable Broadband and I'm having a rather peculiar problem. Most of the time I get time outs from hosts using my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone while my other wireless devices work fine (Win Laptop, Ipod). My phone works well on WiFi at work, but it's not getting along with my Arris (Model: TG862A) Cable modem. I haven't updated the phone's firmware (5.0.1) or anything. I can ping sites and other devices in my network, but a lot of times can't access websites. I have even thought if it was the DNS server and I have changed to Google's DNS Servers and entered the server's IP address, but nothing. I get brief moments where everything works fine and then it's gone.
Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem.