So I wanted to modify a pair of headphones I have to work with my android phone (Motorola Droid Turbo), and to do so I was experimenting with resistor values according to the "Wired Audio Headset Specification (v1.1)"


I wired up a 240 ohm and 470 ohm resistances which should control volume up and volume down, respectively. I plugged in an old headphone jack I spliced, and double checked the voltage output which was reading the correct 2.2 V. Unfortunately when I tried connecting the 240 ohm and 470 ohm across nothing happened. I tried this with my friend's android phone (LG G3) and it worked perfectly. Not really sure where to proceed from here.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.