After every reboot Android keeps loosing Launch Defaults, some app settings and even some of installed updates and installed apps.
I re-flashed the stock firmware, then applied all the OTA updates. After that I only flashed TWRP, GApps (Pico Uni) and SuperSU.
Given this, I tried several Factory Resets (from Settings), but every time, after installing some number of apps, some of the above start disappearing with every reboot. As I varied the sequence of apps installed, the data lost is every time something else. Examples from different Factory Resets include:
- lost default app for search on Home button tap-and-drag
- lost default app for browser
- lost Gmail preferences (Global ones) and/or account Sync flag
- updates of Motorola Camera and Motorola Gallery (via Play Store)
- some of apps I just installed (via Play Store) disappear after reboot
- internal storage becomes read-only for apps (even rooted ones), but remains writable for Android File Transfer
What I tried so far:
- erasing cache and dalvik cache--actually after nearly every app installed, and of course after Factory Reset
- uninstalling and reinstalling every app in question
- manual resetting app defaults in Settings>Apps, both globally and for individual apps
- none of the apps installed to SD / internal storage, so it shouldn't be an issue
What I didn't try include:
- erasing internal storage and SD card (most apps were previously "moved to SD")
- whatever reformatting or repartitioning the Android partitions
Any ideas what to try next?
I have Moto G 2nd gen (XT1079 dual-SIM). It runs Android auto-updated from stock 5.0.2 22.36.1 (build LXB22.99-7.1) to stock Lollipop 5.0.2 22.46.7 (build LXB22.99-24.7).