I just got a new Motorola Droid Turbo 2, Android 5.1.1 I have 2 gmail accounts & 1 just disappeared (it was there as of yesterday), altho I can access it from any computer. I have tried to add the acct by doing the obvious: "Add Account" on my gmail page, and "Add an Acct" in Android settings w/no luck. Both seem to be treating it like I'm trying to establish a new acct not an existing one.
Storing this for future reference and to help others.
- 2 (multiple) gmail accounts
- desktop computers fine
- android mobile phone
- 1 gmail account accessible the other not
- had removed google authenticator 4 months ago on previous mobile
- new mobile 1 month ago
everything syncing and accessible till recent google account password change
- tried cache apps deletes, reboot
- tried google resync
- then tried android mobile google account remove of non-accessable gmail account
- successfully installed google authenticator on mobile by switching to working google acount via desktop computer
- then tried disable 2 step authentication
- then tried changing google account via lastpass (wanted one common password for both google accounts) which failed
- changed google account password successfully via google account. Rebooted mobile. Waited 1/2 hour for servers synching. Now able to logon to both accounts on mobile.
- only using lastpass on desktop and not mobile device
- google server synching most likely much quicker than 30 minutes
- I have not tried individual google account passwords yet
- I have turned google account 2 step verification back on
- I have not setup google authenticator app yet