I currently possess a Nexus 7 Tablet running Android v4.1.1 with Kernel v 3.1.10-00001-g2cd7831 which was given to me as a Christmas gift. The packaging it came in looked new. It uses the standard browser that comes with the phone not google chrome (can't download because I don't have Google Play). After having done the following steps I am still unable to launch Google Play Store:
1) Tried to locate it in Settings->Apps->All and nothing was there.
2) Did a factory reset and checked again, nothing.
3) Downloaded the .apk for the latest version of the app from http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/ and attempted to open, only to get a white window pop up and immediately close. Crash.
4) The app is not disabled.
5) Cleared cache and data for the app and restarted tablet.
6) Re logged into my gmail account.
7) Settings->Apps->Reset App Preferences and still doesn't work.
I'm afraid I am all out of options I am aware of. If you can suggest any fixes please post!
Thanks ahead of time.