I am trying to upgrade the firmware of samsung galaxy S LCD using Samsung Kies. I am using the recent version of Kies. But during when I click start update it is showing that the FirmwareUpdate has stopped working. and it is showing preparing firmware upgrade components forever. Please advice me what to do.
I'm having the exact same problem and just received the following message from Samsung:
The Kies software does not detect the handsets, there are several causes for this and a process of checks will discover the cause and show the solution:
- Check the system specification is correct for the KIES software.
- Check the correct and up to date version of the software is being used.
- Check that handset is set on the correct mode which is SAMSUNG Kies.
- Be sure that the handset show connected ‘not connecting’ on home screen.
- Try to test a different USB port and restart PC.
- Check in device manager that the driver has been installed and update if required
- If handset has device manager (download one from market place for android 2.1 or higher)
ensure that all tasks have been ended and handset is in the idle mode before connecting ‘download the task killer, it is an application used to close all the applications (not just minimizing them)’
- Completely remove current version of the Kies software and re-install
the latest version from the website.
- Test with different PC.
It's quite a number of possibilities being mentioned.
Had same problem.
Open the App Drawer, tap on Settings > Storage, tap on Unmount SD card
Then you have to physically remove the SD card. Worked now!