I spent a night in the desert in Jordan and the next morning my phone was all wet and the screen went black. That was a few days ago, I'm home now and have bought a new phone (same one). I disabled Google Drive backup and want to access my numbers and photos and whatsapp messages and a couple of other things onto my new phone.
I spent a good two hours googling this question and found some good tips, none of which have worked so far.
- My phone is a Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen
- I can't see anything on the phone except for a 2mm purple(ish) bit on the top
- I can turn the phone on (doesn't have screen-lock) and blindly click around. I managed to play a song on spotify for example yesterday
- I can also turn on the torch or the camera by shaking or twisting the phone
- I don't have USB debugging enabled
- when I plug in my phone onto my PC, the device shows up but is empty, even when the phone is unlocked
Does it help to buy a OTG (USB) to try to access my phone that way? (for exmaple to turn on wifi) Or does it help to try to somehow enable USB debugging to try this: http://lifehacker.com/android-control-lets-you-use-your-handset-even-with-a-1594719124
Note: I've already checked with several questions from the broken-screen tag-wiki:
- How to backup broken screen phone when USB debugging IS NOT enabled? requires Samsung Kies (so it's not an option for a Moto G)
- How can I control my Azpen Android Tablet with a broken screen without root or usb debugging? is a good idea if the screen still works, however, my screen is completely black
- Broken screen while debug mode was disabled. How can I re-enable adb? sounds kinda promising but I have no idea how to start my phone in fastboot mode or how to get a recovery system running
I'm not very tech-savy so please go easy on me.
Cheers for any help!!