It seems like I ruined the recovery mode of my Android tablet. It's a HP Pro Slate 12 tablet with Android 5.1.1 on it. It's rooted. I wanted to install CWM Recovery to backup everything, but my device wasn't listed as a supported device. My friend told me I can install the LG G3 recovery instead because it's compatible. I installed that. Since then recovery mode completely disappeared. The device still boots in normal mode and works, but I cannot boot into recovery mode anymore. I really need it because the device boots normally but sometimes acting strange since I rooted it. I'd like to try unrooting it by going into recovery mode or doing a factory reset, but both options disappeared.
- I tried holding down volume up+power buttons while turning it on, but didn't work.
- Tried holding down volume down+power. Nope.
- Tried rebooting inside Android into recovery mode with Quick boot app. It rebooted my device but again it went into normal mode instead.
- Tried to reboot into recovery mode with ADP and FastBoot in Windows. Same stuff happened. The device rebooted into normal mode.
- Tried to make a factory reset. DIDN'T work! Rebooted into normal mode once more. The factory reset hasn't deleted anything.
Any ideas? Did I lose the possibility of recovery forever with a single click?