Simple question. I need to edit some Google documents on my EEE Pad Transformer with Honeycomb 3.2. I want few basic features.
- I want my changes to be displayed corectly in File/See revision history
- I want to be able to browse the file only with keyboard (that means up and down keys on the physical keyboard).
- I want to use my localized, non-US keyboard, which I have on Transformer and which works on most of the applications
There were few ways people told me. None of them works.
- Google Docs in mobile version looks ugly on tablet, but mainly, I am not able to browse the file with up and down keys. Moreover, the cursor jumps like crazy, so I often delete some text accidentaly when I want to delete something else, and there is no undo in the whole thing.
- the application "Google Docs" in the market does the same thing.
- the external applications, like Documents to Go, which are paid, do work more sanely, but still, when I upload the document, it replaces the whole revision, so I don't see any changes in revisions, just one version replacing the other.The same thing happens when I remotely connect to my server with SSH and use the python API (yeah, I tried everything).
- the desktop version of Google Docs doesn't work at all, I can't enter single letter, no matter how hard I try. It looks beautiful, though, which is awesome.
- what sort of works is opening desktop version of Google Docs in newest Firefox beta. However - for some reason, Firefox takes all keypresses as coming from US keyboard, while I have clearly selected localized keboard (which I have).
So, is there any working implementation for Google Docs? I thought that because Android is from Google and Docs are from google, it will work seamlessly, but that doesn't seem to be the case.