Having a pretty irritating issue with my bluetooth connection and my car. The phone will connect up no problem, but as soon as you try to play a track, switch apps or sometimes even unlock the phone, it'll say the device has disconnected, with a few caveats.
- Device is a Nexus 4 (The LG One), Rooted running an official rom of 5.1.1, i haven't run any updates or updated any apps in the past week since this issue cropped up randomly one morning.
- Car is a Ford Fiesta, built in 2015, UK 15 plate. I'm connecting my phone to the built in Ford SYNC system, had no issues with it before on the same device
What i've tried;
- Full factory reset on phone
- Installed same ROM again from google
- Full Dalvik cache wipe
- Full factory reset via CWM recovery and via TWRP before flashing roms (Separate occasions)
- "Factory Reset" in car
- "Master Reset" in car (that cleared all my audio preferences for the radio)
- Remove pairing from car and phone and repair (connecting from phone first)
- Remove pairing from car and phone and repair (connecting from car first)
- Allowing car to access contacts, messages and phone audio
- Allowing car to access nothing but media audio
I'm truly at my wit's end here it's driving me absolutely insane, and it only started randomly last week.
What's weird, is that my phone will connect up no problem, the SYNC system on the car will tell me my phone's connected, but as soon as i go to play music, switch apps or unlock my phone, it'll tell me it's disconnected. What's REALLY weird though is that my car will still give me a reading of my phone's signal strength and battery level, even when it's apparently disconnected, and it seems pretty accurate as well.
Just thought i'd run this by you guys incase there's something blatantly obvious i've missed before i head into the Ford garage and start whining at them