Today my phone beeped during class reminding me of an event I never added to my calendar. It said, 'Jason 2/24/16'. Later today I have another event which I never added, 'Jason 2/24/16 3:30p'. Tomorrow I have an event (also never added myself), 'Jason 2/25/16 10-11a'. A few weeks ago I encountered a similar phenomena, but there was also another name used for a few events, 'Lindsay'. I deleted these old events, but I can post screenshots of the recent ones if anyone needs 'proof'. I say this because I expect some skepticism due to the circumstances of this situation.
What I am looking for is an explanation. There are some things to consider:
- My phone is always on my person and is protected by a password, so it's nigh impossible for someone to have added the calendar events directly with the phone.
- My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 (carrier Verizon), and the built-in calendar application (I believe its Samsung's own software) syncs with Google calendar. Checking my Google calendar shows none of these Jason or Lindsay events. So the events were not synced up, and they were added to the phone calendar somehow.
- I don't use any apps that to my knowledge would affect the calendar, though I imagine there are some that have the ability to add to the calendar.
- I have no friends or acquaintances named Jason or Lindsay.
- After this happened the first time, I checked through the next ten weeks or so to make sure there were no more of these types of events. The last time I checked was probably a few days ago. So the events appeared recently.
- Looking up Jason and Lindsay I found the Jenner Double-Murder case. I have no involvement in that case and knew nobody involved. For what it's worth, I live in California. The prospect of some connexion scares me.
I have three hypothetical explanations:
- Some wayward app is adding events and is either doing this as an easter egg prank or just some bug or something like that.
- Someone is somehow able to access my phone indirectly and is adding these calendar events. Who or why is unknown.
- My phone is haunted or has a demon in it.