How can we read Whatsapp messenger files from google drive backup? Does anyone know?
I can see the Whatsapp Messenger In Google drive.
Please help me...
Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
AFAIK, you cannot read those files directly as they are encrypted and backed up on Google Drive.
The purpose of that Google Drive back up is to restore your chat history so that if you lose your phone or switch to another Android phone, your chats are safe.
Below is how you should restore back up of your chat history using Google Drive.
- Make sure the same Google account that was used to perform the backup has been added to your phone.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- After verifying your number, you will be prompted to restore your messages and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap on Next and your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.
Note : In order to successfully restore a Google Drive backup, you need to use the same phone number and Google account used to create the back up.
You can read more on Google drive and WhatsApp Integration at FAQ page of WhatsApp.
Following this quora answer might solve the problem. It's quite elaborate so I won't re-submit everything here. But basically this:
copy device database
copy device key
use third party viewer for whatsapp