so, i've been having trouble with my phone lately so i decided to back up my data and factory reset, but every time i wan't to do it the ''reset phone'' button does not work, i can't even press it, i have also tried to hard reset but when i get to the screen where i choose factory reset (the screen where there is a android guy saying ''no commands''), there are no commands to choose so that is also a negative for reseting, thanks in advance...
don't worry. Do just what I say:
- Turn off you Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen(I mean moto G2).
- Afterwards press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down for about 2-3 seconds.
While still holding these keys press the Power button for a short while and release all buttons.
Then select option Recovery by using to navigate Volume Down, and to confirm Volume Up.
- In the next step hold down the Volume Up for a few seconds when an Android logo appears on the screen.
- While holding the Power button, press and release the Volume Up key.
- Press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.
- Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power button to select.
- To restart the phone, select "reboot system now".
Success! The hard reset is done!
Source : All credits go to hardreset.info
but when i get to the screen where i choose factory reset (the screen where there is a android guy saying ''no commands''), there are no commands to choose so that is also a negative for reseting, thanks in advance...
This 'no commands' screen is actually part of the process. When you get this screen, continue with step 6. as explained earlier.
- While holding down the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release Power'
I also got the 'no commands' screen but after checking this motorola support page I found roughly the same steps as described earlier and it worked!
Try installing TWRP, or just unlocking the device. when you unlock the device the device will factory reset and if you want you could install TWRP. to unlock your device, open "Developer Options/Settings" in the settings app and click "Allow OEM Unlock[ing]". Then enter fastboot and on your computer write:
fastboot oem unlock [Unlock Key From Motorola's Website]