My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and it says I'm connected to the wifi, but none of my apps actually work. I get notifications of the apps, but when I click the app it says "network connection problem" or "please check your network connection". The wifi works on everyone device in my home except my phone.
There are many ways you can use to get rid of this issue and Here is how I could fix this issue:
We will first try the easiest checklist and then go to advance options later.
- Reboot your phone and check if it works.
- Have you installed any Anti-virus apps? If yes, try uninstalling it and check if it works.
- Boot into Safe mode and check if it works.
- Clear app data by going to Settings > Application Manager and that particular app.
Hopefully the above method does work for you, If not follow the instructions below.
Modify Network Configurations:
- Go to Settings > WiFi Networks
- Tap and hold for 2-3 seconds on the network your device is connected to.
- Choose "Modify network config"
- Further tap "Show advance options"
- Finally set proxy settings to None
Hopefully this fixes the issue, If not follow the 2nd method.
Factory Reset Method This method will wipe the data stored on the device so make sure you've already taken backup of important files.
- Go to Settings
- Under the personal tab, choose Backup and reset.
- Finally I am sure you should have everything working fine.