I am using Moto G3 TE. I was happy with the 5th version but because the frequent alert for 6th version was killing me, I gave up and updated to Marshmallow. It's been like 8 days and now my mobile is showing issues which I listed below:
- Home Screen and Recent Apps buttons are not working. Though they show effect on touch but nothing happening.
- I am unable to see Quick Settings through swiping from up to down
- Pattern lock is not visible, when I press the lock button on side. My phone can be easily access by anyone now.
- Moto's special feature of showing notifications on screen when I touch the phone, isn't working.
I am assuming the problem might be because of the upgrade to Marshmallow.
Other possible problems could be (considering today's activities):
- Trying to upload around 2GB of data to Google drive. (When I tried this, unknowingly whole drives' data was downloaded to my phone until there was no space and then the "DU battery saver" app crashed, this is the first issue I observed)
- Giving some security permissions to "CM Security" app.
- Inserted micro USB pen drive and moved some files from internal storage to pendrive through inbuilt explorer.
What I tried (in sequence):
- Uninstalled "DU battery saver" app.
- Uninstalled "CM security" app.
- Installed "Clean master" app.
- Reinstalled "CM security" app.
- I restarted my phone several times but no use.
- I take off the screen glass from the screen, still no use. (unfortunately, the screen glass broken)
- Tried to reset factory settings but it seems the "reset" button is disabled.
- It seems I even can't able to do "Hard reset" which I tried by holding the lock and volume up button. The phone just gets restart. It is not that I want to do this but I just thought to give it a try.
PS: My phone is six months old.