Could someone be so kind as to show me how to set Tasker to play a melody selected by myself when 5 June 2016 @ 10 PM is reached. I would like to be able to set the sound file to play, perhaps in a loop. Thanks.
Before you start having us write a new Tasker profile every day (kidding :), let me give you some help to help yourself: My site holds some Tasker Graphs showing you what conditions and tasks are to be found where. So based on that, here's what you'd have to do.
- Time › set the time you want this profile to be active
- Date › pick your date here
- Task: Media › MusicPlay › select your music file
Pretty basic stuff. Below the graphs you can also find a list with Tasker Tutorials – recommended reading :)
- Tasker always connects multiple conditions per AND – so it's always "condition-1 AND condition-2".
- When creating a new profile, after having chosen your first condition Tasker will immediately continue asking you for the task(s). So complete those first, save the new profile, then long-tap (tap-and-hold) the first condition. This will open a context menu from which you can chose to e.g. add another condition or add an exit-task
- You cannot have multiple conditions of the same type for the same profile. So if you want e.g. the same task executed at two different times, you have to create two profiles; but when creating the second profile, you can simply pick the task created for the first (or any other) profile from a drop-down.