Whatsapp has forced everyone to update their apps before June 8th. Everytime, I tried to update it I got the 'insufficient storage space' error and now, on June 8th, I can't access my Whatsapp. As of now, I have:
- 2.43 GB available on internal card
- 5.69 GB available on SD Card
I have rooted Sony Xperia SP running on Android 4.3. I have tried every possible thing on the Internet. The problem is Google Play Store is allowing me to install some apps but giving error on other apps installation/update. I was successfully able to download Sound Cloud and Clean Master, but couldn't update Whatsapp or install System Cleanup. I even tried to download System Cleanup manually through apk file but it gave me the same error. I think my solution is somewhat mentioned by these two people here: insufficient space while updating WhatsApp on CyanogenMod
However, the problem is I can't download System Clean up and I don't know how to manually delete dead folders
Update This is how far I have come:
- I can see all the contents of /data and /data/data
- I even deleted some whatsapp related files that I don't remember. They neither did any good nor harm the phone.
- I have read that I have to delete 'dead data folders' and 'affected libraries'. However, I have no idea exactly what to delete or how to know which libraries are affected!