here is my problem and I feel desperate:
My OnePlus One 64GB does not connect via USB to any PC/Laptop I hook it up to (Windows 7 on Desktop, Laptop). It used to work a long time ago, but not since (I think) Lollipop, needless to say now under Marshmallow. I never managed to root it because of this problem and now cannot even copy files. The only updates I installed are the CM incrementals via OTA.
Android Version: 6.0.1 Cyanogen OS Version: 13.1-ZNH2KAS1KN
It DOES get recognised it the Device Manager though, even if listed as an unknown device (sorry for the German screenshot).
Here is what I have done so far, but nothing worked:
Installed Universal Naked Drivers -> Did not work -> Uninstalled them
Installed ADB Interface Drivers -> Did not work -> Uninstalled them
Installed Samsung Drivers -> Did not work -> Uninstalled them
Enabled USB debugging --> Nothing changes. Phone only charges.
- Uninstalled any possible driver via device manager (Device Manager -> Unknown device -> Right Click -> Uninstall Drivers)
- Using Bacon Root Toolkit: Toolkit did only recognise there was a OnePlusOne, but not its model. AutoDetect did not work either and the highest model version it knows is CM12.1 or so. Updating BRT was successful according to the notification, but did not change anything.
- Uninstalled any driver using USBDeview using Bacon Root Toolkit
- Looked for USB connection settings (which by the way are not anymore under Settings -> Storage -> Right upper item, but) in Developer Options --> Select USB configuration --> Changed from "Charging" to "MTP"
- I have tried different cables and different ports. Neither does it work on my 10 year old Desktop with USB 2.0, nor on my USB 2.0 port on my Laptop or USB 3.0 port.
I am SUPER THANKFUL for any ideas you might have! Thanks in advance!