I'm running Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus 6P.
I've been having some trouble with the multitask button, specifically right after changing the device date/time. The multitask button does not work at all, and the home button is sluggish. If I reset to the current time then both begin to work immediately. This behavior does not depend on whether there are other apps open or not.
- Go to Date & Time in Settings.
- Uncheck Automatic date & time.
- Set date to 2 days before the current time, press "OK".
- Attempt to use multitask button, which fails.
- Check Automatic date & time.
- Multitask button now works!
Anyone else have this problem, or solutions? I'd like to have the multitask button work immediately after changing the date.
EDIT: It worked! I was able to set the date to 2 days prior, and immediate use the multitask button. This only happened once, however, and I can't find a way to reproduce that.
EDIT2: Any ideas?
EDIT3: Multitasking after changing the date seems to work every time when the device is booted in safe mode. So I'm hypothesizing the issue arises from an app I have installed.