I want to transfer viber from old phone to new, but i don't want viber to send a notification to all my contacts that i joined viber. I hate this option. How can i avoid it? There has to be a way...I've tried Titanium Backup and obviously the activation windows popped out anyway, but how exactly does it detects that it' a new device?
So i did it! Here is how:
- Both phones need to be rooted.
- Install Titanium Backup on both phones (I used the pro version). Also install Device ID on old phone
- On old phone back up Viber with Titanium
- On new phone install Xposed framework and the module Xprivacy
- Move the backup file from old phone to new and restor it (dont launch Viber)
- Open Device ID on old phone and Xprivacy on the new one.
- In Xprivacy open settings, and there you can enter the fake info you want to send to apps. We need to copy from old phone Hardware serial, Android ID And advertising ID (advertising ID can be found in Android Settings→Google→Ads). After that tap on viber icon, find Identification and check the first box.
- If all done right the viber app will launch in same condition as on old phone. After that you need to uninstall Xprivacy for better stability of viber.