I want to have a Static configuration for wi-fi tethering because there is no way to change the IP range.
I think you cannot disable the DHCP in the Hotspot. Instead try to set static IP address on clients(other devices which you are going to connect).
- Connect the client to wifi hotspot.
- Now check the ipaddress of the Client. It should be like
- Go to 'WiFi settings' on your client, long tap on the Hotspot's wifi
- Tap on “Modify Network”.
- Then select “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Select IP settings from DHCP to ”Static” mode.
- Fill the following
IP address :
192.168.42.<your desired ip>Gateway :
192.168.42.yyNet Mask : 255.255.255.0 Prefix length : 24 DNS 1: 184.108.40.206 DNS 2: 220.127.116.11
Note: If your give IP address in
192.168.0.xx range, It will not accept.