I have a task setup that opens Co Pilot (satellite navigation) after I click on Dailyroads Voyager (blackbox recorder); this works really well. What I'd like to know is how to close Dailyroads Voyager once I exit Co Pilot by using Tasker.
You can do this:
- Profile: Voyager Toggler
- Trigger: App: Voyager
A1 : if ( %Count == 1 )
A1a: Open Co-Pilot
A1b: Set ( %Count = 0 )
A1c: goto ( exit )
A2 : if ( %Count == 0 )
A2b: Kill Voayeger and Co-Pilot
A2c: Set ( %Count = 1 )
A2d: goto ( exit )
Now go to VARS in Tasker, create a new variable Count and set it to 1.
What's happening over here is that every second time app Voyager opens, it executes what you want.
- Create a new profile. The context has to be Application -> co pilot.
- Leave the tasks empty. (You actually can't leave it empty but you can add some dummy task like: Alert -> Notify and add an If clause that will always fail. ie %asdasd12eqwe is set.
- When finish with the dummy tasks go to the profile and click the task (where is the green arrow).
- In the opened dialog click "Add exit task".
- Here you should add the task to close dailyroads voyager: App -> Kill app -> dailyroads voyager.
This should do the trick. Although I must add that it is not really recommended to kill apps. I'm not really sure why.