Is there a way of preventing an Android device from waking up/staying awake when a USB is device is plugged in?
I know Windows allows this in device manager. Is there a similar setting in Android or can I accomplish this via changing configuration over ADB/fastboot?
Actually, I'm using the LAVA SimulCharge adapter to connect power and a USB device. When the power is lost, I dont want android to stay awake.
Video to explain the issue https://goo.gl/photos/FQxKmDRWKqxbwgPb6
- Screen timeout set to 5 seconds to demonstrate.
- Screen lock set to none (but same with swipe or PIN. Just will show the lock screen instead)
- Pressing the power button turns off the screen momentarily, but wakes up almost immediately.
- Sometimes After about 5 minutes of this, the EasyCAP light stops blinking and the screen turns off, but the device battery level drops about 10% per hour while its "asleep" unless the OTG adapter is removed.
- Removing the power cable from the OTG adapter end (instead of the wall end as I did in the video) lets the tablet sleep properly.