Is there really no way to take a screenshot on a Kindle Fire? Huh.
I know it's early to tell, but does anyone know if this is true about the device?
Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
You can take screen shots with ddms and the Android SDK. It's not hard to set up. See http://www.thefireblog.com/2011/11/16/houston-we-have-screenshots/:
So, here’s a quick summary people:
- Install the android SDK tools, then the platform-tools
- Edit your adb_usb.ini file to add the 0×1949 vendor ID at the end
- Ensure that adb is running properly
- Check that your device is online
- Run ddms
- Start taking your screenshots using the Device > Screen Capture option.
This might help:
Basically Android doesn't provide you a direct way to take a screenshot the way iOS does. But Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will.
I would think Amazon would advertise it if it could take screenshots without root, so I would suspect non-root users to be out of luck. That said, ShootMe has been known to work on some unrooted phones. Nobody knows why, but you could try it and hope :P