Is there really no way to take a screenshot on a Kindle Fire? Huh.
I know it's early to tell, but does anyone know if this is true about the device?
You can take screen shots with ddms and the Android SDK. It's not hard to set up. See http://www.thefireblog.com/2011/11/16/houston-we-have-screenshots/:
So, here’s a quick summary people:
- Install the android SDK tools, then the platform-tools
- Edit your adb_usb.ini file to add the 0×1949 vendor ID at the end
- Ensure that adb is running properly
- Check that your device is online
- Run ddms
- Start taking your screenshots using the Device > Screen Capture option.
This might help:
Basically Android doesn't provide you a direct way to take a screenshot the way iOS does. But Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will.
I would think Amazon would advertise it if it could take screenshots without root, so I would suspect non-root users to be out of luck. That said, ShootMe has been known to work on some unrooted phones. Nobody knows why, but you could try it and hope :P