I have identical problem on two Nexus 5x phones. In last few weeks I've noticed that I don't receive any notification(Gmail, calendar, sms...) when phone is in "sleep mode" but when I wake it up (with power button, shake etc) the notifications show up immediately.
1. I thought there is something wrong with the notifications settings
- Pulse notification light: "ON"
- On the lock screen: "Show all notification content"
2. I checked every settings of every app
- everything is set correctly
3. Battery saver - "OFF"
- Settings->Battery->Battery saver
4. Doze (battery optimization for apps)
- Settings->Battery->(drop down menu)->Battery optimization
- Every app moved to "Not optimized"
5. Data Saver - "OFF"
6. Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep - "Always"
Settings->Wi-Fi->Gear icon->Keep Wi-Fi
and still...NOTHING :(
I have made a simple demonstration with Calendar event notification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoCgA1rkq18
- Phone: LG Nexus 5x
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- App killers installed: NO
- Rooted: NO
- Custom ROM: NO
- Connection: tried with every combination = Offline, WiFi, Mobile data, Wifi + data
Thx for help and sorry for my english :-)