I was trying to do some fastboot commands on my Galaxy devices (Galaxy S4, 9515, 4Tab4), I start with fastboot devices and I am getting nothing (after
adb reboot bootloader), is there any problem with samsung devices?
Finally It works for me this way :
- Got the CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.zip from : https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
- unzip CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.zip
- mv CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar.md5 CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar
- tar xvf CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar
- Put the device on Download mode ( Vol Down + Home + Power then Vol Up)
- sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4
- after testing you have root rights ( adb shell & su )
- sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img ( TWRP )
Then you can go to recovery mode and use TWRP to install custom ROMs.