I was trying to do some fastboot commands on my Galaxy devices (Galaxy S4, 9515, 4Tab4), I start with fastboot devices and I am getting nothing (after
adb reboot bootloader), is there any problem with samsung devices?
Simple... Samsung devices do not support fastboot, you use Odin or Heimdall to flash what you need.
I did try Odin to flash my Samsung device with the TWPR , and Odin crash after like 15 minutes, is there any thing we should do after using Odin ? Nov 23, 2016 at 17:15
@medlamineSemassel ODIN is a software that runs on your PC not on your phone, once it flashes TWRP (should only take a few seconds), you don't need it anymore. Perhaps I am not understanding your problem, but this maybe a different issue than your original question. Be aware there are lots of tutorials and information on the internet regarding this device, it is very common. A good place to start would be here: forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4 Nov 23, 2016 at 18:26
Finally It works for me this way :
- Got the CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.zip from : https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
- unzip CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.zip
- mv CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar.md5 CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar
- tar xvf CF-Auto-Root-xxxx-xxxxx-gti9515.tar
- Put the device on Download mode ( Vol Down + Home + Power then Vol Up)
- sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4
- after testing you have root rights ( adb shell & su )
- sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img ( TWRP )
Then you can go to recovery mode and use TWRP to install custom ROMs.
Thank you! Additionally - some devices like mine do not work well with Heimdall 1.4.1 and need latest 1.4.2 to work. I had to go according github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/issues/292 and compile it manually by github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/wiki/… Sep 2, 2018 at 16:40