I wanted to downgrade my YouTube app so I got a few APK files from previous versions, and they downloaded successfully . When I clicked on them to install, the page showing install and cancel came up. Once I chose the install button it took me a page which said installing, but it immediately stopped and told me the app is not installed (picture) . I tried this with 3 different apk files and through many downgrading apps but i emded up in the same place and the same thing kept on happening. Background info: Samsung s4 mini, 700mb storage space, unknown sourced apps allowed. Someone please help I hate this update.
Try the following:
- uninstall all YouTube updates: Manage Apps >> YouTube >>> Uninstall Updates/Disable,
- Disable all automatic updates. Go the Google Play store >>> Settings >>> Auto Update Apps >>> then select " DO not auto update apps".
- Then try installing the apks you have.
Other things to check:
- Check your android version. Do do so go to settings >> About Phone >> Android version. For an S4 mini it will either be 4.2.2 (Jellybean) or 4.4.2 (KitKat).
- Make sure the apk you downloaded was for the same version of android that was on your phone.