I wanted to downgrade my YouTube app so I got a few APK files from previous versions, and they downloaded successfully . When I clicked on them to install, the page showing install and cancel came up. Once I chose the install button it took me a page which said installing, but it immediately stopped and told me the app is not installed (picture) . I tried this with 3 different apk files and through many downgrading apps but i emded up in the same place and the same thing kept on happening. Background info: Samsung s4 mini, 700mb storage space, unknown sourced apps allowed. Someone please help I hate this update.
If you have upgraded the YouTube app, then you can easily downgrade it. Just open YouTube's app info and then click Uninstall Updates button. In this way you can get the default version of YouTube back.
Try the following:
- uninstall all YouTube updates: Manage Apps >> YouTube >>> Uninstall Updates/Disable,
- Disable all automatic updates. Go the Google Play store >>> Settings >>> Auto Update Apps >>> then select " DO not auto update apps".
- Then try installing the apks you have.
Other things to check:
- Check your android version. Do do so go to settings >> About Phone >> Android version. For an S4 mini it will either be 4.2.2 (Jellybean) or 4.4.2 (KitKat).
- Make sure the apk you downloaded was for the same version of android that was on your phone.