Unlocked unrooted Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 6.0.1. Suddenly started having the following issues after being restarted:
- Notifications panel disappeared both from home screen, and notification bar when expended.
- Notifications bar doesn't show any icons for apps with notifications - just the carrier's name. (However, the phone still vibrates and plays notification sounds when I receive a message for example - the LED also turns on)
- Recents button doesn't do anything (hardware responds, but does nothing).
- Holding down the power button only shows "Power off" and "Restart' - no more "Airplane Mode" option.
- After expanding the notifications bar, tapping the cogwheel and down arrow in the top right corner does nothing.
Things I've tried with no luck:
- Power off, then start
- Restart by holding down the power and volume down buttons.
- Reset settings to defaults
- Airplane mode is disabled
- Power saving mode is disabled
- Ultra power saving mode is disabled
- Notifications are enabled
- Notifications on lock screen set to "Show content"
I tried looking into all the settings, but I'm stumped. Any idea what's going on?