I've clearly done something stupid and desperately need your help!
I have a brand new OnePlus 3T that I've managed to get stuck in a bootloop. I can access fastboot but no recovery or system. OEM is unlocked.
Things I have done:
- Tried to install TWRP recovery. Fastboot says this was successful, but I haven't been able to boot into it.
- Tried booting directly to TWRP recovery img. This freezes the phone and it says FAILED (too many links) in fastboot
- Tried installing stock OP3 recovery. Same problem as before.
- Tried hard brick recovery tool. Everything lights up green with installed:ok but still I'm stuck in this bloody bootloop.
- Tried installing ColorOS through the Chinese install tool. Comes up Failed every time.
I am at my absolute wits end trying to sort this out and I literally have no idea what to do. I have been Googling this all morning to no avail.
Any help anyone can give whatsoever would be really, really appreciated.
EDIT: Some additional info from fastboot screen -
PRODUCT_NAME - msm8996
VARIANT - MTP UFS
BOOTLOADER VERSION - [EMPTY]
BASEBAND VERSION - [EMPTY]
SERIAL NUMBER - b2411609
SECURE BOOT - enabled
DEVICE STATE - unlocked
EDIT 2: more weirdness. I changed the USB cable from a micro USB with USB-C adapter to the proper USB-C that came in the box, and the phone booted into the OS. I tried to download the latest Oxygen update via the software update tool but that just boots me back into fastboot.
EDIT 3: I think it's just my recovery partition that's busted. Tried reinstalling stock recovery and that didn't work, so currently I have fastboot and OS but with no recovery - given that this is a separate issue I'll do some research before asking further questions.
@EHH - thanks for helping me figure this out. Really appreciate your time :)