A few days ago, I forgot my 3 by 3 pattern password and backup pin for my Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 (using the default home and lock screen). I don’t want to factory reset or flash a custom recovery, because I still have my warranty and I don’t want to risk bricking. One post states that in “Apply Update from ADB”, commands can be executed via a ‘updater-script’ in an update.zip file. Can I use that to mount enough partitions and access enough commands to follow a password reset tutorial? (Like this one?) Is there a zip ready-made for that purpose?
- The phone runs Marshmallow. No Google-Account unlock.
- Android Device Manager will not replace the current password.
- I do not have a Samsung Account. No using findmymobile.
- I have not enabled ADB normally, when the phone is fully booted.
- ‘ADB devices’ does not show my phone when in recovery unless I use “Apply Update from ADB”.
- I cannot use ‘fastboot boot’ or any other fastboot command, as Samsung phones only have ODIN Mode.
- I don’t want to use Odin or Heimdall, as they seem to be unstable and risky.
- Kies3 can’t unlock my phone, but it will see it when locked and fully booted.