I reseted my Oneplus 2 phone with OO3.5 by wipe cache and data because I wanted to set up my business gmail in my phone, not my personal:
- Wipe data and cache
- Volume down + power > Format phone
Now, welcome screen where it does not accept my personal email account's password now
- Status in OO support: unable to access or add on your Google account
Both of the gmail accounts uses my personal phone number as the primary, and in some field my personal email address.
Now, the phone requires after volume down + power for 15-20 seconds - - to use the gmail account (personal gmail) which I used before in the phone (some protection mechanism). However, it does not accept the password which I enter to my account, although I put the correct password (verified at Desktop). I am trying to pass FRP (Factory Reset Protection) which requires you to login with a previously synced account on that device and you won't use the device. I have a Desktop access to my Gmail where I can access it.
I have throubleshooted settings here but cannot find anything relevant there. I also erased all data in the phone by those settings. However, I am not sure if it is applied because I wiped the data and cache before that. I know the threads but they do not help
- How can I unlock my phone? I locked it using Android Device Manager, but it claims I entered a wrong password
- Android lock screen won't accept password from Android Device Manager
Things which I have tried to do with login unsuccessfully
- use 2-step password
- use app password for the task
- use my own password for the task
Error when entered correct password in Android (password verified in Desktop)
The password is incorrect. Try again.
fastboot (volume-up + power) by following the guide here
adb devices gave first time the device ID.
So I could do
fastboot oem unlock and
Result: still does not accept my personal gmail account password.
Trying to get to recovery
Now in fastboot,
adb devices gives blank. I cannot get to
adb device recovery.
Troubleshooting proposals tested but failed
- Keyboard-button-bug (here) fails because the bug has been removed in the keyboard layout.
- Other strategies presented in the thread One plus two Google lock frp do no work.
Troubleshooting with OO support
May we know what happen prior to this issue, was your phone recently flashed? And also, what is your current OS version?
No. I upgraded it to OO 3.5 some time ago. Prior to this issue, I just reseted the phone because I wanted to change my Gmail account and do reseting.
Phone: Oneplus 2
Android: OO3.5, Android 6
XDA thread post about the issue: here #11