I'm having an issue where I can't access pretty much any of my google services on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (running Android 6.0.1 currently). I don't have general internet connectivity issues as my wifi and mobile connections are fine and other apps are running without issue.
My google account information doesn't seem to be the problem as I've successfully signed into the account on my PC and even on my phone through my web browser, it's just the apps which are a problem.
When I try refreshing my gmail account, I get a system notification saying login failed. When I click that message, the phone tries to take me to a screen which says "Enter account information" at the top, but the rest of the screen is blank white.
I also have another system notification saying Account Action Required for my gmail account but when I click that one, it takes me to a Google Play screen where it says "Checking info" but immediately closes. When I go to Google Play manually, I get the same screen then it asks me to choose an account. My existing account is listed but when I select it, I just keep getting taken back to the same screen asking me to select an account. If I choose add account, I get an error message stating "Couldn't sign in. There was a problem connecting to accounts.google.com"
I've done some fairly extensive research already online and tried several steps from various sites, none of which have worked. Listed below is what I've seen and tried:
- Verified 2 step authorization is not active
- Cleared Cache and Data from Google Play and Google Play Services. Tried disabling Google Play and reinstalling the factory version.
- Checked Date and Time settings and they are set to automatic. Turn them off then back on again for good measure.
- Downloaded ES File Explorer and tried checking the Host file. Apparently the phone is not rooted and I was unable to figure out how to enable rooting even after enabling Developer Options.
- Downloaded and installed what I believe to be the newest APK for Google Play Services.
- Plenty of rebooting along the way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really at a loss to the cause of this issue and I'm not finding anything more to try online. Thanks!