I have an LG Stylo 2 running android on Virgin Mobile.
Since the Nougat OTA has been rolled out a week or two ago, I have had numerous and far-reaching problems with the device, and troubleshooting each of these problems individually has been unsuccessful.
The worst/most annoying are:
Constant "google play services has stopped" or even "google play services keeps stopping" messages.
Frequent messages "authentication is required" messages in the play store asking me to log into my google account, though I am logged in (this also happens in other apps, and it won't take me to a login screen)
Huge issues with location and GPS. Location is on, and when I try to toggle the mode to "high accuracy", it automatically toggles back to "GPS only".
- Same with the Qualcomme IZat performance improvement service:
- When I turn it on, it just turns back off. GPS occasionally works with google maps if I boot up the GPS status app, but will not work at all with location-based apps like "Pokemon Go".
- I am also unable to use the LG backup service.
Things I have tried:
- Rebooting phone/taking out the battery multiple times (this actually makes the "google play has stopped" messages more frequent after reboot for a while).
- Clearing data and cache for google play services and google play store, as well as all cache on the phone, multiple times.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling all of the apps with issues, including google play services and google play store.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting my google account (this gave me numerous errors trying to reconnect the account
- It took me many tries. and I was worried I would never be able to reconnect the account initially.
- "Force Stop" Google Play Services and Google Play Store
- Toggling Airplane mode and location on and off.
- Checking for updates to Firmware/Phone etc. Daily!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.