I have a Nexus 6P that I want to stop use and let my daughter use instead.
- I want my account to be completely removed without any trace.
- I want my daughter's account to be the one used.
- I want the settings and apps from my daughter's previous Android phone to be restored to the Nexus 6P.
So I have done this:
- Removed the device from my account
- Did factory reset
- Tried to do a restore backed-up Goolge Account settings from my daughter's account (since she had a previous Android phone) by doing a copy from cloud settings at startup after reset.
But step 3 fails.
It prompts for me to
Verify your account and says
This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.
and then I'm prompted for an email. Here I try to enter my daughter's Google Account, but this fails with a brief error message saying something like
Unable to sign in due to a recent password change. Please try to signin again 24 hours after the password change.
But I don't want to use my Google Account. I don't want my account connected to the phone in any way. I don't want any trace of my account on the phone. I just want it connected to my daughter's account.
How can I acheive this?
EDIT: One piece of advice points me to restoring with my account, adding my daughter's account to the device, and then do a factory reset and restore by using my daugher's account. But in that case, will apps and settings from my daughter's previous Android be restored?