I purchased my SM-A520F from UAE. I am currently using the phone in India.
All Samsung Mobiles sold in UAE have VOLTE disabled by default, and hence my phone do not have it. However, majority of the 4G carriers in India use VOLTE and this causes problems that are not minor.
Rooting the phone will probably void warranty. I was told that I can flash stock firmware for this device released for India without having to root.
- Will this void warranty? I contacted customer support of Samsung UAE and they told me it would. But I dont believe them since sources on the internet say otherwise and I won't be rooting the phone.
- If I were to go ahead with this, where can I get the official firmware? Is there any option to download this from Samsung website?
- What is knox counter? Will I be able to do this without "tripping" knox?
- Once I download and install stock firmware from a different country from a website like Sammobile.com can I still receive OTA updates?
- After flashing a firmware downloaded from a third party website, how safely can I use applications that use sensitive data like S Pay and mobile banking applications?
Thanks a ton in advance.