I've had this Moto X (1st ed) for a few years. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been unable to use the Play Store to update any of my apps or to download any new ones. The store otherwise works just fine: I get notification of updates, I can browse the store...
Problem is, once I hit
Accept to update or install, the status shown is stuck at
Downloading... indefinitely with no progress; even if I let it sit for hours, there is never any error message. Here's what I've already tried:
- Made sure there is enough space to install/update apps
- Cleared the cache for Play Store and Play Services apps, and restarted the phone.
- Uninstalled Play Store updates
Settings >> Apps >> Google Play Store >> Uninstall Updatesand restarted the phone. Even the old version of the store wouldn't download anything.
- Used a mirror site to download and update Google App, Google Play Store, and Google Play Services to the most recent version (more recent than what I had before
#3). I think these APKs were genuine since the signatures must have matched what was already installed or the update would have been blocked
- Switched from WiFi to Cell data.
I've gone through the similar questions from the troubleshooting FAQ but didn't come across something else to try. Any help would be welcome.
- Moto X on Android 5.1
- Google Play Services 10.5.53
- Google Play Store 7.7.09.N-all