Okay, so in an attempt to stop the OTA notification, I un-installed System Updates 1.0.0 (com.samsung.apk) using Titanium Backup. Well, that didn't help, so I'm trying to restore the app in-case I ever need to update my Profile or PRL. But, when I try to use Titanium Backup to restore this app, it just sits on the "Restoring..." screen and I have to use the task manager to kill it in order to ever do anything.
- I've tried both restoring "App only," and "App+Date"
- I've tried pushing the com.samsung.apk directly to my phone (/system/app/com.samsung.apk) using ADB.
The only idea I have left is to re-flash my phone. Is there anything I can try before reflashing?
- Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700)
- Android 2.2.1 (FROYO.EC05)
- Kernel 18.104.22.168
- Titanium Backup 4.6.7 (Free version)
- Rooted using One Click Root v2.5.5
Answers to questions I know are going to be asked:
- Q: Why don't you just update?
A: Because there is something wrong with EI22, and every time I do I lose service until I flash back to EC05
- Q: Do you have trouble restoring any other apps using Titanium Backup?
A: No, I tried restoring two other system apps and they restored fine.
- Q: Did you make sure Debugging Mode was on?
A: Yes, I tried with it both on and off
- Q: Why didn't you just "Freeze" it instead of uninstalling it?
A: Because, the free version of Titanium Backup doesn't allow Freezing, and I just felt like using a GUI method at the time. I didn't really think that un-installing it would be much different than freezing it.