You can use Tasker to accomplish this:
Objective: Auto Switch-on USB tethering and Mobile hotspot after boot
Profile (or Trigger)
Create a Profile which allows triggering of the Task at after boot:
- Go to Profiles Tab and click the "+"
- Event >> System >> Device Boot
- Tap back to exit from this window
You will notice as soon as you exit, you will be prompted to link this Profile to a Task;
- Scroll all the way up the Task list select "New Task + "
- You can name this Task AutoTethering or anything.
- Click "+" to add new Action
- Code >> Run Shell [ Command:
service call connectivity 33 i32 1, Tick "Use Root"]
- Tap back to exit from this task
- Click "+" to add another action
- Net >> WiFi Tether (Set On)
- Press back the way all back until you exit Tasker (your profiles are now saved and ready for execution)
Extras: Give Tasker more priority (allow auto-start for Tasker, exclude from battery optimisations, task killers etc)
Explanation: Soon after boot, the first action turns on USB tethering, and the second option
turns on WiFi tethering (note: there is no need for a second script because Tasker already
has a built in WiFi Tether variable which is capable of handling tethering state)
This should work. Cheers (tried and tested).