so, I've got a rooted Samsung G800F.
- The phone has access to mobile data (not WiFi). (Intended for streaming Amazon and Youtube and maybe a bit of surfing or tethering.)
- The phone can not be called. Ideally the phone can not call or get/send sms and install other applications.
- The calls do not get blocked. (They are intended for a second cell using the same number/contract.)
What I tried so far and deem useless:
- Call Barring (My operator does not support this.)
- Call Blocking (My other phone has no chance to answer the calls.)
- Do not disturb/silent mode (It could still be answered and the calls are still visually signalled.)
What I'm trying now: Fiddling around with the phone app.
And here I'm absolutely lost and hope you can lend me a helping hand.
So, I tried Titanium, but couldn't identify the correct app. I froze and killed some suspiciously sounding/looking ones, but calls still went through and the ringer went uninterrupted.
Next I installed "Root Uninstaller" Here I found com.android.phone and had some partial success with killing this or some services.
There are two problems though:
- I do not know what I'm doing. Not a clue. So, can you tell me what service to disable?
- When I reboot the device it has problems and constantly displays an error message/is almost unusable.
- (Falling under the "ideally"-category: can I just freeze some "Play"-App to prevent installation of messengers - relying on the phone number - and such?)
(Just FYI: I'm from Europe and might read and respond at odd-seeming times. I wanted to include the tag call-barring, feel free to add this.)