Whenever I try to install or update an app, it downloads to 100% and then just sits there. It won't proceed naturally from a completed download to app installation.
Sometimes, if I leave it alone for awhile (several hours - using the phone, but not bothering the installation) it'll suddenly finish the install. However, this is undesirable and unreliable.
I've tried all of the following several times alone or in conjunction with one another, and at least once in the following order:
- Stop all pending updates/installations
- Clear Google Play Store data
- Disable Google Play Store
- Force Stop Google Play Store
- Clear Google Play Store cache
- Reboot the phone
- Enable Google Play Store
- Clear Google Play Store data (again)
- Attempt only one installation
None of this fixes the problem. The single installation still downloads to 100% and then just sits there. It doesn't matter which app or update I'm trying.
I'd much rather avoid resetting the phone if possible. Is there something else that I can do to fix this?
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Google Play Store 7.8.36.P-all