I have a Moto G3 and I have just rooted it. When I rebooted it, it is taking too much time for rebooting. It's nearly passed 45 minutes since I rebooted.
This is common with this device if you didn't do a manual systemless root with SuperSU... To fix it perform the following steps, assuming you have an unlocked bootloader and the latest TWRP 3.1.1 installed.
- Download the latest SuperSU from here (official source)
- Start TWRP and copy the SuperSU zip file to the device
- In TWRP, go to Home, Advanced, then Terminal
echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersuEXACTLY as shown and press Enter
cat /data/.supersuto verify the output is
- Exit the terminal and press Home
- Install the latest ZIP from Chainfire
- Reboot. The device should not take more than 15 minutes to boot
Although I haven't updated it in a while, here is the full guide with explanations of each piece.
If you used Magisk, no special preparations are necessary if you are using a current version, just flash, install Magisk Manager, and enjoy.