Accidentaly few weeks ago I make my phone bootloop. So to fix this I reinstall the ROM image (including recovery image and fastboot image). I realize that there are some of my important SMS haven't been backed up. So Is there any way to recovery the deleted SMS in my case? note: I already try to use Windows App like Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, dr.fone toolkit for Android, disklab_for_android but not helping at all.
It's not fool proof and you'll need to figure some parts on your own, but:
- Create a backup of /data in recovery
- Unpack the backup on your computer
- Find your SMS app in restored /data/data. Most likely the app name is starting with
- Flash your new system image
- Using adb, use
ls -l /data/datato display permissions of the SMS app directory. Note the permissions.
- Restore the SMS app directory using adb or Android file manager with root permissions
- Change owner/group/permissions to be the same as you noted earlier.
Your SMS should be back at this point.